Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scars

Maybe it's a moment of clarity when the crazy goes away and you can see through all the clouds and smog that have been choking you for too long. I caught just a glimpse in my memory of who I was and how I was when this whole thing started; when the baby making started. I had walked into this with no weapons, no armor, and in my naiveté was almost slaughtered, or so it seems emotionally to me. Like with any storm or in any battle there are scars and these past two years are no different; I'm standing here a different woman in too many ways. I have to remind myself not to let myself be taken, taken by the emotional pain. At the end of all of this there has to be something left of me; something  left to either raise a child or pick up the pieces of myself emotionally.......or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment