Sunday, July 14, 2013

So Life Goes On

I'm back at work and its the same shit different day though I certainly don't feel like the same person.

My relatives from my moms side are visiting and it's bittersweet as they're still grieving over my uncles death but the trip had been planned for a while , my aunt hasn't been to the U.S. in over 20 years and so the visit happened and I'm glad as I know we still have our lives to live so we're doing some fun things for my cousin who is here and young and her and I actually took a cake decorating class (that's her thing) and because I used to be a sculptor (not sure if I ever mentioned..) it wasn't such a stretch...it was fun...made me miss art so much though I now know cake decorating, the icing part, is not for me.... whatever... I digress.

Today I received a message from my friend Ollie about his wedding in November. I've known him since I was 15 or so and he knew my father well....My father actually invited him to live with him when Ollie was down and out.....I got one line from him when my dad died...not a call not a card and for every tragedy in his life I've flown out to help him. It bothers me and I'm not replying to his stupid wedding bullshit. I'm pissed. But that's it...life goes on and nobody seems to stop when it feels like your life has stopped...it's natural I suppose.

It's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment