Friday, July 29, 2011

Family

So, I have been keeping the fact that I am trying to get pregnant from my family because, as I've said before, my family could turn lemonade back into lemons. The person I'm closest to, and the one who's reaction I feared the most was my oldest sister Jacqueline. Yesterday morning as I'm driving to work, I think to myself that I need to tell my family. It's a gut feeling that if I don't it is going to cause an irreparable wedge between us, and believe me it's not like there isn't already enough there to really make get togethers more than uncomfortable. I spoke to my therapist last night about it and she agreed stating though the reasons I didn't tell were legit, she felt secrets keep you sick and I agree with that as any good 12 stepper would. She said, don't have an expectation or want an expectation..that's theirs..the news is yours. Long and short, tonight I told my older sister. I was met with silence, then disbelief, then more silence and finally with "well if that's what you want, good luck". In the middle of typing this I received a call from my other sibling..they're tight as hell...who had just gotten off the phone with Jacqueline...she was more supportive..which I expected and told me Jacqueline didn't seem angry just a little green..well, wtf else is new. I was a little upset, felt like crying a little at the expected but disappointing reaction but managed to buck myself up and realize that, as my friend Diana always reminds me, not everyone is healthy, even when you want them to be.

1 comment:

  1. Well, let the live with it for a while. Maybe they'll at least become more accustomed to the idea and nicer about it. It won't change your plan, that is what is important.

    ReplyDelete