Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yes, it's official..I'm crazy...big whoop

Okay, I've been obsessing about taking a pregnancy test even though it's only 3 days post embryo transfer...irrational? Absolutely! but there it is...so finally..to shut my pie hole up..I took one with of course a negative result and as I'm speaking to Diana on the phone telling her how crazy I am..making sure she won't disown me as a friend, I go to the garbage..fish out the test that's been in there for over an hour and of course it says positive. Now we all know this is an evaporation line but boy did it make me happy...just to even know that the line did exist..I kept the stick on my sink for another hour and would visit it a few times until finally, grossed out by the damn thing, chucked it for good. I will now say 3 hail Mary's and 2 Our Fathers..kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Wanna know what's funny - I work in an ER and have NEVER seen an evaporation line turn a negative into a positive test. It's either negative or positive no matter how long it sits there. But, there's always a first - hopefully it's not this time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, what I have seen is - an extremely faint positive that you may have mis seen as a negative turn into a darker positive hours later. But it was still POSITIVE to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I so wish this is true. It's been a long long journey so far and even if it's not positive, it's nice to believe it even for a second.

      Delete