Monday, October 31, 2011

IVF

The trek to the RE's office was quite an adventure as we got lost in a very bad, and I mean very bad, town.There were too many roads closed due to the snow storm and Kay was freaking out and screaming and yelling and I finally said to her "Kay, you gotta stop. You're making me nervous and I need to be calm". She did and apologized. In retrospect she probably wasn't the best decision for the ride there as she is a big worry wart and complainer but I love her to pieces any ol' way. A better friend, a girl couldn't have..we got there. They took me right away and the procedure went better than expected retrieving an unbelievable 21 eggs. I couldn't believe it..couldn't get the smile off my face though the pain was incredible. They gave me something intravenously and gave me more orally when that didn't quite relieve the pain. All in all a painful though lucrative experience that I'm hoping I don't have to repeat. Just hoping 12 get fertilized..that's enough for 3 tries if I implant 4 each time. It was so weird as Kay is nowhere nears shy..she has an uncanny confidence and maybe it's a growing up with tons of support thing or I don't know what, but she went through the whole waiting area and found these albums I had never noticed before. They showed all of the babies born and I couldn't believe the amount of twins and triplets and even quads born to people..most people had multiple births. I would like twins but not more than that..twins would be perfect..preferably one of each..does that sound like something you say at 16 or what?? I'll be happy with healthy.

So that's it. I thought of PFace and A-hole briefly on my way there but feel like I'm back on track emotionally..I can't live in someone's shadow or feeling like I don't have it all. What does "all" mean anyway? Too many people with it all show up at my job all fucked up by the person who swore to love them..too many divorces..too much heartache..too many children caught in the crossfire. I'll be good..just gotta get my emotional self together, keep it together, and keep my perspective straight..

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that they were able to get 21 eggs. That is awesome! Hang in there... I am sure that things will work out for the best. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete