Sunday, April 22, 2012

23 on the 22nd

Kay tells me 22 is her lucky number. She came to pick me up this morning at 7:40 a.m. for my egg retrieval...is that a good friend or what?!? They got 23 eggs. I'm trying to think of it as 22 eggs and one for good luck on today the 22nd of April. The only reason 22 is her lucky number is due to her being a Mets fan and loving Al Leiter (retired) who was number 22..that's Kay for you. I babbled after the procedure to my doctor telling her what a doll she was and all kinds of stuff and yup, she's pregnant...asked the nurse who didn't want to say but finally said and gave me the scoop..she doesn't want her patients to feel bad and blah blah blah..hurts but not like it would with anybody else..she deserves it..really does. If you met her you'd understand...a beautiful person inside and out like no other...a real doll just like I babbled to her. I spent the morning sleeping and eating bagels..a food a rarely allow myself...ate bagels all day which is really not good. Gotta freeze the rest of them as it really is a trigger for me. Went to my mom's for a minute where I got an eyeroll from my sibling when I told them I couldn't lift a bed frame wtih them...piece of work as they knew what I'd had done today...I wasn't even supposed to be driving for cripes sake..can you imagine? Probably yes and I don't even know why I'm surprised...I'm the fool really but alas trying not to let them blow my zen feeling. I've only wanted to cry a few times today which is pretty good as I've been a baller this whole month. I go to work tomorrow and Tuesday am off on Wednesday and Thursday and am thinking I'll call out Friday...we'll see how things go. Just praying for some fertilizations tomorrow. The nurse today, told me she has 3 children which include a set of "IVF twins" as she put it. She said "people think because you try when you're young it's going to happen but it's not that easy"...girl please! I think each and every baby is a miracle and I just don't even know how people get it done naturally...really..it's just amazing. My doctor seemed so hopeful today for me as did the nurse but me, I am trying not to dream too high..am thinking one more time after this and I gotta throw in the towel but then again if it doesn't happen on this or the next who knows what I'll feel. Where do you stop though really? Do you try til you're bankrupt and unable to give the child all you'd like to? I don't know. I really don't. My friend Mike (who is like a cousin to me as we all grew up together) was telling me him and his wife were trying and stopped at $40K...money they can't afford...alas, no baby, two dogs and no babies, and they stopped trying..can't blame them. I'd originally said I'd stop at $30K but not sure...that really is only enough for 2 more tries any ol' way. So I'll just keep praying and see what God has in store for me...hoping it's a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment