Monday, April 23, 2012

Future Possibilities

Got a call today from the doctor's office. 12 mature eggs and 9 fertilized...it may not seem like that much but that's the most I've had thus far so I'm cautiously thrilled. They called back to tell me that I need to call either Wednesday a.m. to see if I need to come in that day or it'll be Thursday or Friday...I hate this. I'd so much rather have a difinitive day so I can plan shit but alas..that's I guess, unrealistic. I'm praying, and being greedy mind you, that all of them survive or at least 7 of them survive. Enough that they can freeze a few so I can use them in the event this cycle is a bust. I'm trying to not get my hopes up as it was so painful last time and though, I didn't go back to read my older posts, I have a sneaky suspicion I said the same thing last time. It just hurts..it's a childlike feeling of upset and just so painful but it is what it is I suppose and just one of many things you have to go through to get through this process. I try and tell myself, Gem, you'll go through other emotionally painful things when you have a child like when they no longer think you're so smart, or don't want to hang with you, or are disrespectful to you..it'll happen and hurt so maybe this is just prep work for what lies ahead.

2 comments:

  1. 9 fertilized is a GREAT outcome! It's good to see you write "when I have a child". That time is coming and coming SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige. I sure would love a baby.

      Delete