Friday, September 9, 2011

Mix ups, joy, and secrets.

Had a pretty good day though exhausting...Started off at the RE's office where there is some other patient with the same first name as me..strange because it isn't all that common..anyhow, got called into a back room and explained that the Dr. would like to speak to me..picture it Sicily..you go to the RE and you're put in a regular office to wait for the doc..not an exam room. Of course I think the worst and of course they'd just mistakenly pulled the other chicks file with my same name instead of mine and the bad news wasn't for me...whew!! scared the shit out of me..thought one of two things; either something that would prevent me from having a baby or cancer was back which would prevent me from having a baby as I wouldn't try if it came back. Worried for nothing but did feel bad for the other girl. Turns out I have 3 good follicles available that are doing nicely, my levels are "excellent", and off we go...go back on Monday and probably inseminate on Tuesday..cool! One of the girls I made friends with at the RE's, Beth, was there...she's pregnant and I'm thrilled for her. She's been trying for 10 years for crying out loud!-she can't even believe it as in all the years she's never been pregnant at all. So needless to say..just thrilled for her..she really is a doll. We exchanged information so we can keep in contact.

Speaking of information, just wanted to make a little confession here...most all of the names in my blog have been changed including mine only because of what I do for a living and if someone came across this blog it wouldn't be good for me. People in the donor sperm circle can make out who I am but for everyone else I need to be anonymous in order to keep myself safe..physically, mentally, and financially. No, I'm not famous but I'm pretty well known to the point that any time I go out with my family they get annoyed by people coming up to me (I get annoyed as well)... Gemma is a name that's special to me and not so far from my own.. My apologies if anyone feel like I deceived them.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that the bad news wasn't for you... Keeping identity a mystery is sometimes needed. I'm doing the same thing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete